I’ve had some tremendous support and positive comments from the Moodle community since releasing AutoEnrol over a year ago. It’s clear that people are stretching the plugin and finding some pretty awesome uses for it and as such there have been a few features which seemed to be sorely missing from the plugin.
Earlier this week I released AutoEnrol 1.1 on plugins.moodle.org to purely deal with some compatibility issues with Moodle 2.5 and this remains the current stable version.
Today however I am happy to present AutoEnrol 1.2 which introduces a whole raft of new features and remains compatible with Moodle 2.0 to Moodle 2.5. Here’s a run down of what’s new:
- It is now possible to add multiple instances to a single course.
- Added an option to give instance a custom label.
- Filtering functions now allow for partial matches.
- Expanded filtering functions to include email address.
- Added an option to limit number of enrolments.
- By default, users are now only enrolled if they aren’t already enrolled on a course.
- Individual users can now be manually unenrolled through Users > Enrolled Users.
- Where a user has the “unenrolself” permission and users are being enrolled on “Loading the Course” they can now unenrol themselves from the settings block.
The plugin is available as a Release Candidate from here: AutoEnrol 1.2rc2. As ever I’m really keen to get feedback on this release, so if you have any suggestions please leave a comment!
**update: RC2 now supports self-unenrolment.